Filming in Nepal requires that you fulfill certain criteria and guidelines set by the government. To begin the process, you will have to provide the following documents.
- A letter made by the assigned local coordinator, informing the Secretary of Ministry of Information and Communications of the purpose of applying for shooting permit.
- An assignment letter made by the foreign filmmaker, showing they have chosen and hired a local coordinator. Local coordinator's
- An Application Form as prescribed by the rules.
- Synopsis of the filming story. Story board for TV Commercials. Treatment for documentaries.
- Name-list and passport numbers of foreign crew.
- Who does what, Work description of crew members
- A schedule of filming in Nepal specifying exact dates and locations (for all types of productions)
- quipment list with values for custom clearance.